FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Media@FLFamily.org
May 10, 2016 (407) 251-5130
Panelists and Moderator Announced for
North Florida GOP Congressional Debate
(Tallahassee) Today, the Florida Family Policy Council announced its panelists for the North Florida Congressional District 2 Debate. The debate will take place on Thursday, May 12, 2016 with an opportunity to meet and greet the candidates from 6:30-7 PM EST followed by the debate from 7-9 PM EST at the Augustus B. Turnbull III Florida State Conference Center (555 W Pensacola Street) in Tallahassee. All Republican candidates in District 2 are participating in the debate, including Neal Dunn; Jeff Moran; Ken Sukhia; and Mary Thomas. The debate forum will focus on social, domestic, economic and foreign policy issues.
The debate will be moderated by Preston Scott, Host of The Morning Show with Preston Scott (100.7 WFLA), and the panelists include:
– Catherine Baer, Chair of The Tea Party Network, a coalition of over 80 Tea Party, 9/12, and conservative organizations in Florida;
– Bill Cotterell, retired Tallahassee Democrat reporter and bi-weekly columnist, covering Florida government & politics since 1969;
– Christian Cámara, Florida Director, senior fellow and co-founder of R Street Institute, a non-profit public policy research organization focused on free markets and limited, effective government;
– Jerome Hudson, Breitbart columnist, longtime political analyst and member of Project 21, The National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives;
– Sara Johnson, millennial conservative leader, Young Republican, and No Casinos Central Florida Field Director recently named to Florida Politics’ list of “30 under 30” rising stars (2015);
– Sal Nuzzo, Vice President of Policy and Director of the Center for Economic Prosperity at The James Madison Institute.
Due to Congresswoman Gwen Graham’s announcement indicating she will not run for reelection, and the Florida Supreme Court’s decision to redraw congressional districts, most political analysts project the winner of the August 2016 Republican Primary will likely become Florida’s next Congressman or Congresswoman from District 2.
Immediately following the debate, a separate straw poll event will be held by Florida Family Action. For more information or to register for the free debate and straw poll, visit, www.FLfamily.org or call 407-251-5130.
The Florida Family Policy Council’s mission is to strengthen Florida’s families through public policy education, issue research, and grassroots advocacy.