Several of our supporters have requested this and the video is now available online:
TOWARD A GOSPEL CENTERED THEOLOGY OF CHRISTIAN ACTIVISM:
Five Anchors to Thinking Christianly about the Relationship Between Government, Politics, Policy, and the Gospel.
Questions addressed in this talk include:
1) Do politics and policy play a role in the advancement of the Gospel?
2) What is the proper role of government according to the scripture and church history?
3) Do the teachings of the Bible give guidance on political issues and political parties?
4) Does scripture speak to all the political issues and if so, does it speak with equal authority?
5) What is the role of the Church in these areas and how do we avoid politicizing the Gospel?
This sermon which can be seen here was preached at Westside Baptist church in Gainesville, Florida by our President John Stemberger and represents the culmination of 30 years of his thinking through these issues and working in these areas.